Description of Project:
The Padma Multipurpose Bridge Project (PMBP) involves construction of about 6.15 km main bridge at Mawa- Janjira Corridor with River Training Works (RTWs) 6km at Mawa Site and 12km at Janjira Site, Approach Roads of lengths 0.273km at Mawa Site and 12 km at Janjira Site, Bridge End Facilities (BEF) at both sides, 5 resettlement sites, railway line with stations and docking facilities, high voltage power and high pressure gas transmission lines, optical fiber cable, and necessary relevant activities.
Description of Services Provided by the Engconsult for this Project are:
- Downscaling coarse resolution climate data to scales that are useful for hydro-morphological impact assessment and for the detail design of Padma Bridge;
- Based on the analysis and modeling exercise the climate change impact will be assessed;
- Mitigation measures will be considered in the design of Padma Bridge project components.
- Remain up-to-date about regional climate change impact and projections. It will be reviewed from established guidelines, especially practitioners to incorporate climate change into the EIA process. The main objective is to use the most appropriate recent and up-to-date statistics for climate change projection parameters;
- Review historical climatic and hydrological databases from the hydro-meteorological stations close to the project site, identify the extreme cases, and assess whether adequate considerations are made in design parameters to address them.
- Review the short-term and long term climatic projections in terms of the flooding as well as low flow situations at the proposed bridge locations and further up or downstream;
- Assessment of the impact of sea level rise on the river and associated flood plains, including the impact on water logging/drainage congestion; and
- Identify the possible mitigation and adaptation options for various components of PMBP.