Detailed Narrative Description of Project:
NCH Canada has a chemical mixing plant located in Brampton Ontario. NCH is seeking assistance in preparing documentation in support of an application for a Comprehensive Certificate of Approval (Air) (CofA) for the chemical mixing plant located in Brampton, Ontario. In Ontario, Section 9 of the Environmental Protection Act (EPA) requires that all sources of emissions to the atmosphere, or modifications to sources, must obtain a CofA before they are installed or modified. The procedure for obtaining approval for the discharge of contaminants or modifications to the discharge of contaminants to air is to obtain a CofA for the equipment, by making an application to the MOE in accordance with Section 9 of the EPA. Regardless of compliance with Section 9, every facility is also required to meet the air quality standards of Ontario Regulation 346.
Engconsult was responsible for the following:
- Preparation of an Emission Summary and Dispersion Modeling (ESDM) report.
- Estimation of the emission rates for each of the contaminants of concern from those sources;
- Performance of dispersion modeling in accordance with Ontario Regulation 346 to predict the maximum concentration resulting from the aggregate emission of each contaminant at a POI (referred to as maximum POI concentration) and annual emission of each contaminant;
- Comparison of the predicted maximum POI concentrations to the relevant half-hour POI criteria specified by the MOE; and
- Documentation of the above steps in accordance with the requirements of the MOE Procedure.