|WORKSHOP ON CLEAN DEVELOPMENT MECHANISM (CDM):
PROJECT OPPORTUNITIES IN ENERGY SECTOR IN BANGLADESH
Jointly Organized by CDM/JI Office, Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, Engconsult Limited, Canada and Prokaushal Upodeshta Ltd., Bangladesh
Time and Date: 10:00 ~ 15:00, Saturday, March 8, 2003
Venue: Ball Room 3, Hotel Sonargaon.
Background and Objective:
Engconsult Ltd., Canada and Prokaushal Upodeshta Ltd., Bangladesh with the financial support from Canada’s CDM/JI
office are planning a baseline CDM study to assess GHG reduction potential of ElectroFlow System in Dhaka Export
Processing Zone, Savar by energy and environmental conservation. The study will explore and experiment the
effectiveness of the use of the said system in Bangladesh conditions. The objective to organize this workshop
is to introduce Canada’s CDM/JI program, the potential of GHG reduction of ElectroFlow System, and the current
status of CDM project opportunities in Bangladesh. The workshop will be of interest to private sector industries,
energy producers, energy distributors, energy and environmental product and service companies, consultants,
development partners, and Government agencies.
List of Participants
- 10:00 AM Opening Remarks: Representative, Canadian High Commission
- 10:10 AM Canada’s CDM Program, Tara Preston, Canada’s CDM & JI Office, Department of Foreign Affairs & International Trade
- 10:40 AM Chief Guest’s Speech: Honorable Minister Shajahan Siraj, Ministry of Environment and Forest, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
- 10:50 AM Tea Break
- 11:10 AM CDM Policies and Processes in Bangladesh: Director, Department of Environment
- 11:40 AM Introduction to ElectroFlow System, Mahmuduzzaman Khan, Green Power, Canada.
- 12:10 PM CDM Experience in Bangladesh, Prof. Ijaz Hossain, BUET
- 12:40 PM GHG Reduction Potential of ElectroFlow System, Dr. Masud Karim, Engconsult Limited, Canada.
- 13:10 PM Networking, and Closing
- 14:00 PM Lunch