Engconsult's transportation planning activities focus on the
viability of each individual project and its long-term sustainability from the management, operations,
and maintenance perspective. Engconsult provides its transportation planning services at various levels:
Project Planning and Preparation, Master Planning, Feasibility Studies, Conceptual and Preliminary Design,
Final Engineering Design and Preparation of Tender Documents, Project Management and Supervision, Project
Commissioning, and Institutional Strengthening. EngConsult's engineers are skilled in applying the latest
technological advances to ensure that projects are designed and implemented to the highest professional standards.
Transportation planning group is involved in state-of-art techniques for socio-economic surveys, ridership and traffic
studies, mobility and transportation plans, technical and economic feasibility studies, environmental planning of
transport, fare studies, traffic safety and risk studies, planning non-motorized transport and overall ecologically
sustainable urban transportation planning. Our experiences are varied from developing to developed cities and cities
of economies in transition nations.
Engconsult provides transportation planning services in the following areas:
- Capacity Analysis
- Traffic Impact Studies
- Traffic Safety
- Traffic Forecast
- Traffic demand modelling
- Feasibility study of mass transit system (bus, light rail transit, water taxis etc.
Specific experiences include:
- Capacity Analysis of Kabul-Jalalabad Road and Salang Pass, in Afghanistan
- EIA for Area Traffic Control System, Iran.
- Eco-transport Assistance to San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Ecologically Sustainable Urban Transportation Planning in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Ningxia Roads Development, China.
- Project Preparation Technical Assistance to Eco-transport Mission Country:Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Nepal, India, Peru, Costa Rica, and Morocco.
- Study on Centralization of Bus Traffic Management and Demonstration Project to Ease Traffic Congestion.