Subsurface Arsenic Contamination of
We are trying to gather latest
information in association with
Japan, regarding subsurface arsenic contamination in Bangladesh. The depth
of calamities, type of on going projects, review available treatment technologies,
and overall evaluation on health related issues. All are based on news article,
technical papers, and our research output.
contamination in Bangladesh,
a research proposal of EngConsult Ltd..
Our output in Arsenic Research
- Safiuddin M, and Karim M. M. (2001). Groundwater arsenic contamination
in Bangladesh: causes, effects and remediation, Proceedings of the First
Annual Paper meet and International Conference on Civil Engineering, Edited
by Seraj, Ali and Ahmed (ISBN:984-31-1527-9), Institution of Engineers Bangladesh,
Chittagong Center, 2-3 November 2001, pp.220-230.
- Kamal, R., Karim, M. M. and Yan, K. C. (2000) A Decision
Support GIS tool for Management of Arsenic Groundwater Contamination and Water
Quality, Dhaka 2000 Environmental Conference, 14-15 January 2000, Dhaka,
- Begum, Z. R. and Karim, M. M. (2000) Arsenic Groundwater
Contamination of Bangladesh: Community Participation in Groundwater Resources
Management, Proceedings of 93rd Annual Meeting of Air & Waste Management
Association, Salt Lake, USA, 18-22 June 2000.
- Karim, M. M. (2000) Arsenic Exposure Modeling and
Risk Assessment in Bangladesh using Geographic Information System, The Second
International Health Geographics Conference, Washington DC, USA 17 - 19 March,
- Kamal, R., Karim, M. M. and Yan, K. C. (2000) GIS
Application for Monitoring Arsenic Groundwater Contamination Exposures in
Bangladesh, International Symposium 2000 on Groundwater, IAHR, May 7-10,
2000, Saitama, Japan.
- Kamal, R. and Karim, M. M. (2000) A Decision Support
GIS Tool for Management of Arsenic Groundwater Contamination and Water Quality,
Dhaka 2000 Environmental Conference, Bangladesh Environment Network, 14-15
- Karim, M. M. and Begum, Z. R.(1999); Groundwater Arsenic
Contamination Inventories and Risk Assessment using Geographic Information
System: Case Studies Kishoreganj and Netrokona District of Bangladesh
, 92nd Annual Meeting of A&WMA,
, St. Louis, 1999.
- Karim, M. M. (1999); Arsenic in Groundwater and
Health Problems in Bangladesh, Journal of Water Research,
34(1), 304-310 (in press), Elsevier Science Ltd.
- Fuji, T. and Karim, M. M. (1998); Subsurface Occurrence
and Contamination of Arsenic in Groundwater of Bangladesh, Annual Journal
of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol. 42, pp. 397-402.
- Karim, M. M., Komori, Y. and Alam, M. (1997); Subsurface
Arsenic Occurrence and Depth of Contamination in Bangladesh, J. of
Environmental Chemistry, 7(4), 783-792.
Last modified: March 2002