Engconsult provides professional services in various areas including: highway engineering, transportation planning, transportation economics, transportation policy, environmental planning and management, environmental economics, institutional strengthening, social, poverty, and resettlement, and others. We continue to expand the range of our work and expertise to meet the global needs that are becoming increasingly complex.
Engconsult requires your expertise and professional experiences in the areas above as well as in others, preferably with extensive consulting and/or relevant worldwide professional experience, to work with us on a project by project basis (short or long term).
If you are interested, we encourage you to submit your CV using our online form, and attach your CV preferably in any of the development partners’ format (the Asian Development Bank, the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.)
We highly recommend applicants follow the format as in Sample Resume.
Position: COOP EHS Assistant
Duration: 4 months
Job Summary: A Co-op position is available in environment, health and safety for development projects. The job involves document review and analysis of information and supporting other staff in their work. The student will be exposed to on-going hydropower construction and river bank stabilization projects. The role will also support environmental impact assessments (EIA) and review OHS Management Systems, monthly OHS reports, accident/incident and injury and illness analysis, tunnel, road and dam construction, and emergency response and recovery.
(1) Assist in literature review on EIA and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) of Construction
(2) Review OHS Acts in federal and Ontario jurisdiction
(3) Assist in developing a corporate OHS Management System
(4) Assist in preparing EIA and Emergency Response Plan
(5) Literature review in OHS management of tunnel, road, and dam construction.
(6) Assist in injuries and illness analysis in hydropower construction.
(1) Understanding international project cases and socioeconomic aspects.
(2) Enrolled in undergraduate program with environmental engineering and science, health science/studies background.
(3) Will be able to drive/commute to office from home.
(4) Good writing skills are required.
Transportation: A transportation allowance will be provided.
Training: We have new employee orientation and refresher 3 hours training. In addition, subject matter hands-on-training are available for all employees who join the company.